Safety Measures in Response to COVID-19
We continue to closely monitor the ever changing situation with COVID-19. In recent weeks, we have resumed programming with both outreach organizations and our regular on-course locations. While our curriculum has stayed the same, our procedures with how we are dealing with COVID-19 have been updated.
Below you will find our updated policies and procedures for COVID-19. Safety is our top priority during this time, so our coaches and all other staff will take these precautions very seriously. We want to create a safe environment for our participants. These policies will remain fluid throughout this situation and change to accommodate local/national guidelines and recommendations.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations
- Stay at home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Objects and surfaces that are frequently touched will be sanitized regularly.
- Only program supplies that can be sanitized will be used.
- Participants will be screened at drop-off and any participant exhibiting a temperature grater than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, other respiratory symptoms, or at least two of the symptoms: chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell must leave the facility immediately. Screening Process:
- Temperature checks with a No Touch Thermometer
- Evaluation of warning sings such as cough and shortness of breath
- Evaluation of travel to COVID-19 hot spots
- Evaluation of exposure to other infected individuals
- The screening process listed above will be required of all Staff, Coaches, Volunteers and participants prior to the start of each class. Those who exhibit signs of illness will be sent home.
Return to Class After Exposure (Symptomatic and Asymptomatic)
- Symptomatic individuals who have had a positive COVID-19 test or have had direct exposure to someone who has tested positive will not be able to physically return until they have: had a negative COVID-19 test OR have been fever free without medication for 24 hours, other symptoms have improved, and at least 14 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
- Asymptomatic individuals who have had a positive COVID-19 test or have had direct exposure to someone who has tested positive will not be able to physically return until they have: had a negative COVID-19 test OR have been fever free without medication for 24 hours, other symptoms have improved, and at least 14 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
- Participants will be strongly encouraged to remain at least 6 feet from one another and to refrain from any physical contact with fellow participants, coaches, or volunteers.
- All coaches, volunteers, other staff will have their temperature taken prior to each class.
- Participants will have their temperature taken prior to each class.
- Facial coverings are required when indoors and when social distancing is not possible.
- Equipment will NOT be shared between participants. All participants will have their own equipment for the entirety of each class.
- Participants will be given their own golf balls to use for games that will NOT be shared with other participants.
Cleaning and Disinfecting Policies
- Hand sanitizer with a minimum of 60% alcohol will be available at each program station or individual participants should carry their own.
- All borrowed clubs and program supplies/training aids (e.g. cones, hula hoops, noodles, etc.) will be cleaned and disinfected after each class and before being stored.
- Participants will be encouraged to wash hands/use hand sanitizer if coming into contact with frequently touched surfaces.
Check-in & Check-out Procedures
- We will be checking participants in and out via a car line. Signage will be displayed at all facilities to help parents navigate to the drop-off and pick-up location.
- Participants will have their temperature taken while parents/guardians will be asked a series of questions to determine if the participant has had any recent exposure to COVID-19.
- We ask that parents/guardians remain in their cars during this process. First Tee staff will be stationed at the drop-off and pick-up location to help escort participants to the course/practice areas.
- If parents/guardians need to reach participants, we ask that you be mindful of social distancing guidelines.
*These guidelines are subject to change based on the age, program, program location and current phase of COVID-19 policies the area is under each week
Please reach out to us if you have any questions about our policies and procedures. Creating a safe and healthy environment for our participants is our top priority.